top of page
new logo with website wout Mark citation

Why do I have to pay Association Fees?

All owners are required to pay Association Fees according to the governing documents of their Association. The fees can be due in increments as determined by the Board of Directors and the governing documents. These fees help fund the operation and maintenance of common areas, such as pools and playgrounds, and are used to provide services for the benefit of the entire neighborhood.


What do the Association Fees cover?

Your Association's fees, or assessments, pay for the maintenance, repair and administration of the common areas and facilities of your community. These may include pools, entrances, and playgrounds.

How do I pay the Association Fees?

You can pay for your Association Fees by mail, online, or by dropping off payment at our office. Checks should be made payable to your Association and may be mailed to our lockbox: P.O. Box 967, Commerce, GA  30529. If you wish to drop off your payment, our physical address in central MS is 511 Keywood Circle, Flowood, MS 39232.


What does the Association do?

The Association is a non-profit corporation managed by an elected Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for the management of funds, the enforcement of the deed restrictions, and the maintenance of the common areas.


What is the Board of Directors?

The Board is initially under Developer Control. The governing documents for each community dictate how and when control is transitioned from the developer to the owners. Upon the transition to owner control, the Board is elected by the homeowners. The board serves to oversee the business of the Association as outlined in the governing documents of the Association, as well as in accordance with laws governing Non-Profit Corporations.


What is a management company and what do they do?

The management company works with the Board of Directors to provide guidance to the Board, and to implement the Board's decisions and/or instructions. The management company attends to the day-to-day operation of the Association such as the collection of assessments, contracting for services, and providing the board with financial data. If you wish to read more about what services HLNM provides please visit the "Association Services" page of this website.


What is the management company's authority?

The management company has no authority over the Association, except as conferred by the Board of Directors. HLNM does not make decisions, but implements the decisions made by the Board.

What don't we do?

HLNM does not manage apartments, office, industrial, or retail commercial buildings. We are not a jack of all trades, master of none - we are professional specialists excelling in HOA management. We also do not manage individual rental units or participate in the leasing or sale of property.


What are the Governing Documents?

The "Governing Documents" for your Association are the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions plus any other Rules and Regulations, Resolutions or guidelines that have been established by the Board of Directors.


Where can I get a copy of the Governing Documents?

You received a copy at, or prior to, closing on your home. Most of our communities also place a copy of their Governing Documents on their website, however, if your community does not have the documents available online you can also obtain a copy through our offices. Finally, your Governing Documents are recorded instruments so they are also available through the County in which your Association is located.


What is a deed restriction?

It is part of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions that you agreed to upon the purchase of your home. Through this document, you agreed to certain standards of maintenance, upkeep and behavior in order to make the community as attractive as possible for yourself and your neighbors, as well as to maintain or enhance your property values.


Why do I need to comply with the deed restrictions?

When you purchase a home in a deed restricted community you automatically agree to comply with the restrictions. This ensures that the integrity of the community is maintained, and that property values do not diminish.


What can I do if I see a violation in my community?

You may contact your Association's manager to report violations through your online portal. Your manager will respond as needed to the violation.


Why do I have to get permission for home improvement?

You are required to acquire approval because this better ensures that your intended improvement meets your community's standards as set forth in the Governing Documents. It also avoids problems that might arise from the construction of improvements and the use of colors or styles that conflict with others in your neighborhood. This is strictly to protect yours and your neighbors' property values.


What is the "common area"?

It is the land for the use and enjoyment of the all members of your Association. This includes facilities like pools, playgrounds, and other amenities. As well as includes perimeter landscaping and entry features of the community.


What does the Association's insurance cover?

The Association's insurance includes property and casualty policies for all common area property and equipment. It also includes Liability and Directors & Officers policies that cover Directors, Committee Members and volunteers working on behalf of the Association.


How can I become more involved in my Association?

If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us and we will pass on your information to your Board of Directors.

bottom of page